Change Log

20th April, 2018

13th February, 2018

Finally, we have added support for CORS and other headers in the API. You can read about how to enable it for your project here: https://igdb.github.io/api/references/cors/. If you’re using Ionic or Browser javascript, this is good news for you!

The limit has been increased to 3000 for pro tiers. The catch is you will need to prefix your URLs with /pro/ to enable this limit. You can read more about how to use the new limit here: https://igdb.github.io/api/references/pagination/

16th November, 2017

Webhooks allow us to push data to you when it is added or updated. Instead of polling the API for changes, you can listen on your HTTP endpoint (Webhook) and we will deliver the data to you.

Check out the documentation here: https://igdb.github.io/api/references/webhooks/

Webhooks are only available on Pro, Ultra and Enterprise plans.

1st November, 2017

We added the version_parent field to games which you can use to differentiate between version/editions and main games.

To filter them out, check out the example here: https://igdb.github.io/api/examples/#search-games-but-exclude-versions-editions

We added the versions/editions feature which allows you to clearly see the various release editions of each game and their features. https://www.igdb.com/games/assassins-creed-origins/versions

We have made this data available through our API via the game_versions endpoint.

https://igdb.github.io/api/endpoints/versions/

18th September, 2017

The external field connects external service Ids to ours. You can now access Steam IDs by adding external.steam to your fields parameter.

4th September, 2017

  • No filters can currently be used for the id field. We updated the docs to let everyone know.
  • However, since there was no way to remove specific games from results, the not_in postfix is now supported.

You can read more here: https://igdb.github.io/api/references/filters/#available-postfixes

30th August, 2017

API

  • Fixed bug where filtering by ISO release date (YYYY-MM-DD) returned error.
  • Fixed a bug where the eq postfix had no matches.
  • Fixed a bug where ordering by name had no matches.
  • Added game->publisher and game->developer expand support.
  • Added franchises field to games which will replace franchise in the next major version.
  • Updated the search algorithm to be more relevant and forgiving.

Documentation

18th August, 2017

16th August, 2017

Big news today, we’re starting a public changelog so you’re always up to date with all the updates, improvements and fixes that are made in api.

Even though we work on the api all the time, sometimes it may seem that not much is happening. This changelog is here to improve that very important part of the communication between you and us.

You’ll always receive an update when we change something, or if needed, all things we’ve changed is available on our public changelog page.